Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure is a 2013 3D American computer-animated action comedy film. It is the sequel to Alpha and Omega and is the second installment in the franchise. It was released on October 8, 2013 nationwide by Lionsgate.
The entire voice cast from the previous film didn't reprise their roles.
- Humphrey (Ben Diskin), Kate (Kate Higgins), and their 3 new pups Stinky (Kate Higgins), Claudette (Lindsay Torrance), and Runt (Liza West) are happily preparing to celebrate their first winter together when Runt mysteriously disappears. They must now go on a new journey across the wilderness to find Runt and bring him back before the winter festivities begin at their home.
- Ben Diskin as Humphrey, the main protagonist.
- Kate Higgins as Kate, the deuteragonist. / Stinky, one of the tritagonists. / Lilly, the secondary tritagonist.
- Lindsay Torrance as Claudette, one of the tritagonists.
- Liza West as Runt, one of the tritagonists.
- Blackie Rose as Garth / King, the main antagonist.
- Maxwell Je as Winston
- Tracy Pfau as Eve
- Bill Lader as Tony / Rogue #2, one of the secondary antagonists.
- Hugh Tyrrell as Salty
- Chris Smith as Marcel / Paddy / Rogue #3, one of the secondary antagonists.
- Meryl Leigh as Princess
- Shaun Gerardo as Rogue #1, one of the secondary antagonists.
- Frank Welker as Bears, the (former) tertiary antagonists. / Animals' vocal effects (uncredited)
- Willa Fogelson as Bear Cub
- Harrper Fogelson as Porcupine
Production for the film began a week before the release of the first film when Steve Moore wrote a script draft for the film. The film was originally set for a theatrical release, but due to many problems, it was changed to have a straight-to-DVD release. Ben Gluck, who co-directed the first film with Anthony Bell, was originally set to solo direct the sequel. But there was another production scandal, and Gluck turned down as director. For that, he has an uncredited role in the film. The film was officially announced in July 31, 2013 that it would have a straight-to-DVD release in October 8, 2013 in North America. Richard Rich took over as director and the film stars a cast of mostly unknown voice actors.
Early reviews for Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure have been mixed to positive, even if there isn't a rating for the movie in Rotten Tomatoes yet. Viewers cited that the film has a more improved script, more character development and the voice acting and the score were also praised. However, criticisms were led to the film's very short run time (being only 47 minutes long). Alpha and Omega 2 currently holds a surprisingly high score of 7.6/10 in IMDb.
Trailer and Clips
Sneak peek clip
Second sneak peek clip
In the DVD and Blu-ray release of Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, it has been announced that there will be a third and fourth film in the franchise due to the success of the second film. The third film will be based on a game tournament that the characters participate in and the fourth film will be a Halloween-themed adventure. According to a recent document found online (which is believed to be from Lionsgate), the third sequel is to be released between late 2013 and early 2014 and then followed by the fourth film in mid 2014 or so.