Alpha & Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games is a 2014 American computer-animated comedy/adventure film, and the second sequel in the new Alpha and Omega series. Following the success of Alpha and Omega and Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, a third movie was announced and was released on March 25, 2014. A fourth film, Alpha and Omega: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave, was released on October 7, 2014. The movie also was released in March 4 on iTunes. It received negative reviews from critics and fans, with a rating of 21% in Rotten Tomatoes and a 30 out of 100 in Metacritic. Nonetheless, Lindsay Torrance (who voices Claudette) earned a As-Seen-By Award nomination for her performance in the movie.
It’s time for "The Great Wolf Games", when all the alphas in the packs set aside their differences for some friendly competition. When an unexpected accident puts many of the pack’s star alpha wolves out of commission, a new team is assembled that includes forest friends not in the pack. Can Coach Humphrey lead his ragtag group of "underdogs" to victory?.
- Ben Diskin as Humphrey
- Kate Higgins as Kate / Stinky
- Lindsay Torrance as Claudette
- Dee Dee Greene as Runt
- Chris Smith as Marcel / Paddy / Mooch
- Mike Jacobs as Brent, a grizzly bear cub. / Fleet, northern male alpha pup.
- Mella Leigh as Agnes, a porcupine.
- David O. Lodge as Nars, nothern team coach.
- Stuart Whitmore as Umpire, a Canadian goose.
- Rich Murphy as Ed, eastern team pup.
- Great Games Amazing Maze
- Wolf Awareness Trivia Game
- This movie is based on the Winter Olympics.
- The US DVD & Blu-ray was originally going to be release on March 18, 2014, but was pushed back to March 25, 2014 for unknown reasons.
- The movie was scheduled to be released on iTunes on March 4, 2014. The iTunes release comes with "Making of Alpha & Omega 2" and "Sneak Peek of upcoming Alpha & Omega movies" Featurettes.
- This movie was released as a Walmart exclusive.
Production on the third film, as well as the fourth, was announced in a sneak peek that was included with the DVD and Blu-ray release of Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, where director Richard Rich confirmed that production on the next two sequels are under way and will be released soon. It's also been confirmed on a website a fifth film will be released soon.
The film received mostly negative reviews from fans, who named it the worst entry of the franchise. Most of the criticisms were focused on the bland animation along with over half of the main characters missing from the film. One big complaint was that the actual "games" were mostly just pups running around and Kate not being in it until the very end with only a small role. However, it also received some positive reviews, regarding its message, character development (mainly Claudette), Lindsay Torrance's performance and the relationship between Fleet and Claudette. The movie currently holds a 21% rating in Rotten Tomatoes and 30 out of 100 in Metacritic indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
Awards and Nominations
|Kids Choice Award||Best DVD Cover||Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games||Template:Nom|
|As-Seen-By Awards||Best Voice Performance||Lindsay Torrance||Template:Nom|
|HFCS Awards||Worst Screenplay||Tom Kane||Template:Nom|