Alpha & Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games is a 2014 American computer-animated comedy/adventure film, and the second sequel in the new Alpha and Omega series. Following the success of Alpha and Omega and Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, a third movie was announced and was released on March 25, 2014. A fourth film, Alpha and Omega: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave, was released on October 7, 2014. The movie also was released in March 4 on iTunes. It received mixed to negative reviews from critics, with a rating of 29% in Rotten Tomatoes and a 40 out of 100 in Metacritic.
It’s time for "The Great Wolf Games", when all the alphas in the packs set aside their differences for some friendly competition. When an unexpected accident puts many of the pack’s star alpha wolves out of commission, a new team is assembled that includes forest friends not in the pack. Can Coach Humphrey lead his ragtag group of "underdogs" to victory?.
- Ben Diskin as Humphrey
- Kate Higgins as Kate / Stinky
- Lindsay Torrance as Claudette
- Dee Dee Greene as Runt
- Chris Smith as Marcel / Paddy / Mooch
- Mike Jacobs as Brent, a grizzly bear cub. / Fleet, northern male alpha pup.
- Mella Leigh as Agnes, a porcupine.
- David O. Lodge as Nars, nothern team coach.
- Stuart Whitmore as Umpire, a Canadian goose.
- Rich Murphy as Ed, eastern team pup.
- Great Games Amazing Maze
- Wolf Awareness Trivia Game
- This movie is based on the Winter Olympics.
- The US DVD & Blu-ray was originally going to be release on March 18, 2014, but was pushed back to March 25, 2014 for unknown reasons.
- The movie was scheduled to be released on iTunes on March 4, 2014. The iTunes release comes with "Making of Alpha & Omega 2" and "Sneak Peek of upcoming Alpha & Omega movies" Featurettes.
- This movie was released as a Walmart exclusive.
Production on the third film, as well as the fourth, was announced in a sneak peek that was included with the DVD and Blu-ray release of Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, where director Richard Rich confirmed that production on the next two sequels are under way and will be released soon. It's also been confirmed on a website a fifth film will be released soon.
The film received mixed to negative reviews from fans, mostly due to the bland animation along with over half of the main characters missing from the film. One big complaint was that the actual "games" were mostly just pups running around and Kate not being in it until the very end with only a small role. However, it also received some positive reviews, regarding its message and character development (mainly Claudette).