Yellow And White
Kate is a sassy and brave slender female wolf who has yellow fur, a white underside, brown eyes, and an average length mane. She is fit for an alpha female and she is also seen with a hot pink flower on special occasions. The pink flower is known to disappear during films.
Kate has a younger sister named Lilly, and Lilly is an omega. Kate grew close to another omega named Humphrey. Humphrey had a crush on Kate for a long time and their relationship grew stronger as they got older. Humphrey and Kate then became mates.
- Kate starts off being a carefree and playful young wolf, soon to become a strong, fierce alpha. During her youth, she likes to play with her younger sister, Lilly, even acting out hunts, with Lilly being the prey, and Lilly doesn't like it. Kate has a brief encounter with her friend, Humphrey, and they too play together for a little bit. Humphrey is to be an omega in the future.
- Eventually, Winston comes to retrieve Kate because she is to be at Alpha School for the entire Winter, to be trained as an alpha and won't be returning until Spring. Winston also informs Humphrey that his relationship with Kate needs to remain just as friends and nothing more, because it is against Pack Law. An alpha and an omega can't be mates, but this does not soften Humphrey's feelings for Kate, that seemed to be growing stronger. When Spring comes, Kate has now become a fully-trained teenage alpha and takes her duty to the Western Pack seriously. She is assigned to lead her first hunt with two beta wolves named Hutch and Candu. Unaware that she is being watched by her old friend, Humphrey, who is now an omega, and his omega friends, Salty, Shakey and Mooch.
- While Kate leads their hunt, she suddenly notices that she and her hunting group have company. Their hunt is then ruined by two Eastern Pack wolves named Claws and Scar. This interference scared the two caribou that Kate, Hutch, and Candu were sneaking up on, and resulted in a caribou stampede. From an entire caribou herd, Kate runs with her hunting group and the two Eastern Pack wolves. Kate succeeds in getting above ground from the stampede, but Claws and Scar were trapped in the stampede, running for their lives, forcing Kate to save them. After Kate saves Claws and Scar, Candu then starts fighting with the them, provoking the other wolves of Kate's group to join in on the fight, despite her trying to break up the argument. Humphrey and his omega friends stop the fight and this is the first time that Kate has seen her old friend since she left for Alpha School. Once the fight is stopped, Winston appears and orders the western hunting group to return to the Western Pack's den and he orders Claws and Scar to go back to the Eastern Pack's territory, and they listen. Kate congratulates Humphrey and his omega friends for keeping the peace. Kate is depressed and ashamed that her first hunt wasn't a success, despite Humphrey trying to cheer her up.
- Back at the Western Pack's den, Kate's mother, Eve, tries to compliment her while her father, Winston consoles her that the ones at fault for Kate's ruined hunt are Claws and Scar. Hutch then appears with Candu, who was jumped by Claws and Scar, and Eve orders him confined to the Western Pack's den to care for him. While Winston leaves, Kate notices Humphrey and his omega friends trying to lighten up the other wolves' hungry mood, unsuccessfully though, but it still makes Kate smile.
- Later, Kate secretly follows Winston to a secret meeting between him and Tony, the alpha of the Eastern Pack While eavesdropping, Kate learns of a method that Winston and Tony planned to use to create peace between the two rival packs. Kate would marry Tony's son, Garth, thereby uniting the packs into one pack. The meeting ends with Tony promising a war between them, if things don't go the way that they are suppose to. Winston is surprised and astonished to find Kate, who willingly agrees to the marriage.
- Kate goes to meet Garth at the Moonlight Howl, a get-together where wolves howl under the Moon on a small mountain called Howling Rock.
- Kate meets Garth and, at first, she likes what she sees. But she is mortified when Garth howls so badly that birds drop out of mid-flight. A blue bird lands right at her front paws. Kate excuses herself from the date for a drink of water, and it doesn't go unnoticed by Humphrey. Humphrey calls Garth Barf, and it makes Kate defensive as she struggles no point out Garth's good points in a conversation led by Humphrey. But then they're both tranquilized by rangers and end up shipped to another national park in Idaho.
- While Humphrey and Kate explore the new national park, they come across an old goose named Marcel and his duck friend, Paddy. At first, they're scared of Humphrey and Kate who only want to ask them a few questions, but it results in a literal wild goose chase. When they finally catch Marcel, he agrees to answer their questions and they find out where they are. They were at Sawtooth National Wilderness in Idaho, and they were brought there to repopulate.
- When Humphrey tries to make light of the situation, Kate berates him and thinks he's being thoughtless since he's an omega and, to her assumption, knows nothing about duty. She convinces Marcel and Paddy to help them find a way back home to Jasper Park. Marcel and Paddy direct them to an RV owned by a couple about to go to Jasper Park. During the ride, Kate has a nightmare about Tony's threat of war. When she wakes up, she sees Humphrey playing around with a hat and a nose ring. Then, when Kate wakes up again, their ride has stopped at a gas station. Humphrey tells Kate that he has to go out to pee. Kate asks him if he's done different holding techniques and they didn't work. Then he said that no matter if he's inside the RV or outside the RV, he will still go pee. Kate then let's him out. While he is outside, he gets distracted by the smell of a cupcake. Then, he notices a dog and a human boy in another RV. Humphrey does tricks with his cupcake while the dog barks at him and the boy tries to imitate Humphrey's tricks. The vehicle that the dog and the boy are in blocks Kate's view of where Humphrey is and Kate notices that the couple is about to go back in. Humphrey gets pink frosting on his mouth from the cupcake he was eating and a gas station employee comes outside. The gas station employee thinks Humphrey is a wolf with rabies. The gas station employee tells Max to come with his gun. Max says that this is it for Humphrey and asks if he has any last wishes. After Max asks that, Humphrey lets out his pee. Kate quickly jumps out of the RV and pounces on Max. Then, while Humphrey and Kate are running, they run into a fence and they are trapped. Max then comes with the other gas station employee and says that he got both of them now. The other gas station employee orders Max to shoot them so he does, but he misses. Max's missed bullet creates a hole in the fence so Humphrey and Kate run out. The other gas station employee sarcastically tells Max that it was nicely done. Kate isn't angry at Humphrey and she keeps going despite the rain. She tries to cross a gorge, but ends up hanging for her life above a mudslide. Humphrey swings over on a vine and he tells Kate to grab his tail so she does, and he swings her back, but seems to disappear. Kate looks down and sees a mound of mud she thinks Humphrey is trapped in. She goes down to get Humphrey out, but thinks that she accidentally ripped off his tail, but then Humphrey appears and his tail is okay. The supposed tail Kate pulled was just a piece of wood. Humphrey suggests they find shelter and she thanks him for saving her life.
- They find shelter and spend the night there before they are woken up in the morning by Marcel and Paddy. As they get up, their noses touch, leading to a weird moment, even though Kate says nothing. Marcel berates them for losing the transportation he provided, but Humphrey's quick tongue and well-executed flattery encourages Marcel and Paddy to tell them another way to get home. Marcel and Paddy remember that they know about another method of getting home through the Canadian Express, a train that's to make a pass on the other side of a nearby mountain.
- While Humphrey and Kate make their way up the mountain, Kate starts to have fun, and Humphrey points it out. She goes ahead to check for the train and sees it coming.
- While Kate checks on the train, Humphrey hears a bear cub laugh and Humphrey interacts with it and plays with it. After the bear cub throws multiple snowballs at Humphrey and Humphrey throws a snowball back at the bear cub, the bear cub cries and a liquid that at first seems like tears falls on top of Humphrey's snout. The bear cub then claps and laughs like he tricked Humphrey. Then Humphrey looks back and sees a big bear standing behind him, and he runs to Kate, screaming.
- After Kate sees the train, she hears Humphrey screaming because of a bear chasing him. After Kate comes with Humphrey, two more bears appear. Humphrey and Kate play to their strengths, Humphrey trying a joke, Kate using her alpha training. Humphrey's joke doesn't work and Kate's moves only hold the bears off for a little bit, and the bears slowly approach them, and they are surrounded and are standing on a log barely hanging on by its roots. One of the bears beats down on the log until it falls, making Humphrey and Kate, as well as the bear, fall and land on a steep snowy hill. Kate is sliding downhill on her back, trying to avoid the bear when Humphrey comes along, riding a hollow log and saves her again.
- They barely get on the train and once they're on board, they laugh and talk about the whole experience, and Humphrey says that they make a pretty good team, and Kate says that he's crazy. While they continue to ride along, Humphrey starts to howl at the full Moon and urges Kate to join him, despite Pack Law forbidding alphas and omegas howling together. Kate is completely amazed by Humphrey's beautiful howling and realizes that her heart belongs to him. Then Kate joins in, leading to a romantic duet.
- Kate falls asleep, but is later woken up by Humphrey when they just enter Jasper Park. They both try to say something, but Humphrey lets Kate go first. Kate admits that she has had fun on this adventure and that Humphrey has been a true friend. Then, Humphrey tries to say something to her, but Kate notices her pack about to engage the Eastern Pack in battle and rushes to put a stop to it, not hearing what Humphrey was going to say to her. They prevent the war between the packs as they explain they were taken by rangers to Idaho, with Humphrey adding the reason why they were taken to Idaho, spurring Eve's wrath. Kate stops Eve from choking Humphrey, saying that it never happened and she announces that she accepts the marriage to Garth to unite the packs. While the packs rejoice, Humphrey asks if she really is getting married and she confirms it, trying to make light of it as there won't be any more joking.
- In the morning, Kate is a little bit nervous about the wedding while Lilly is brushing her tail with a pine cone. She notices Lilly is wearing her fur back, making Lilly feel the need apologize and Kate notices that Lilly looks unhappy. Before she can inquire, Marcel and Paddy show up and congratulate Kate for her upcoming marriage. Kate asks who told them and Humphrey appears, saying that he did. Marcel and Paddy leave to give them some privacy and Humphrey places a hot pink flower in Kate's fur for her wedding before he states that he came to say goodbye. Kate asks why and Humphrey says that he's going to see where the train takes him, that it is a lone wolf thing. Kate states that she knows Humphrey as the fun-loving omega, not a lone wolf. He replies that he will be a fun-loving lone wolf. Even though Kate doesn't fully realize it at that moment, she is heartbroken and can't get Humphrey out of her mind.
- When the wedding starts, Garth and Kate start the mating ritual, but just before they finish it, Kate backs out. Kate states that she fell in love with an omega, and it makes Eve faint. Tony demands Winston for an answer but then Garth reveals that he too has fallen in love with an omega, and Kate realizes that it's her younger sister, Lilly, who loves Garth and why Lilly looked sad earlier.
- Outraged by this turn of events, Tony declares war, but the fight is broken up by a stampede of caribou. Winston and Tony order their packs to run but they end up trapped and forced to run with the stampede to avoid getting stomped on. Kate runs along a cliff-edge and runs into Humphrey, who chose to come back instead of running away from his problems. They use a log to hill-slide down in front of the stampede to provide a shelter for Winston and Tony but Kate is knocked unconscious by a caribou. Humphrey shields her with his own body while Winston and Tony divert the stampede's course by growling and snapping at the oncoming caribou.
- Unfortunately, it appears too late as Kate seems to be dead. Heartbroken that he never got to tell her he loves her, Humphrey leads both packs in howling a requiem for Kate. But then, she then stirs and wakes up. Humphrey and Kate reveal their love for each other while Winston and Tony decide on an alternative method to unite their packs by using a marriage between Garth and Lilly, effectively abolishing the rule of marriage between alphas and omegas.
- The packs now united as one celebrate at Howling Rock while Humphrey and Kate howl together on the summit of Howling Rock, having finally earned their happily ever after.
As a pup, Kate was lively and playful and had a close friendship with Humphrey.
But after her alpha training, Kate became confident and serious, putting her duty to her packs above everything. While Humphrey and Kate tried to make their way back to Jasper Park, Kate was often tense and unamused by Humphrey's jokes. But over time, she started to loosen up, actually having fun.
- In Greek, Katherine means pure. This suits Kate well given her initial single-minded approach towards her Alpha duties. She can be feisty or gentle at times.
- In a deleted scene of Alpha And Omega Kate is shown to be a mature adult wolf, walking along a log with her mate, Humphrey, who is trying to get her to howl at the Moon with him. But she tells him that she has better things to do, such as tracking caribou, checking the borders, and survival lessons for their pups Therefore, Humphrey starts howling by himself, but he falls off the log.
- When Kate went to the Moonlight Howl, her flower was on the right side of her head, and when Humphrey gives her that flower for her wedding, he places it on the left side of her head.
- There is an animation error when Kate was watching the packs fight. She is wearing the flower but when she sees the stampede, the flower disappears. It happens again in Alpha And Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure. When Humphrey comes back with Salty, Kate is wearing the flower but it disappears when she takes the holly from Humphrey, and when Eve arrives, the flower is back and disappears again when she asks if anyone wants berries.
'I'll meet you on mars, right after I eat the Milky Way.'
"I have to get back to Jasper, if I don't there will be trouble."
"Lilly, you're wearing your fur back."
"But I liked it."
"Great. My first hunt and I blew it."
"You can't escape the greatest alpha ever!"